Court Information


300 Dexter Avenue Montgomery, Alabama 36104


Court / Clerk Offices:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Law Library:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

NOTE: After 5:00 p.m., briefs may be filed in the State Law Library. Please note the State Law Library will not accept briefs after 6:00 p.m.

Contact Information

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I access appellate opinions?

Supreme Court opinions and special writings (beginning October 2013) are located on the Supreme Court page of this website. At the present time, all other appellate opinions are provided through Alalinc, which is a subscription service made available through the Supreme Court and State Law Library. Subscriptions currently run $200 per year and include access to: Alabama Supreme Court Decisions beginning October 1994, with full-text search; Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals Decisions beginning October 1994, with full-text search; Alabama Court of Civil Appeals Decisions beginning October 1994, with full-text search.

How do I contact a particular justice or judge on the appellate courts?

Please direct your inquiry to the appropriate court of service. The Supreme Court, Court of Civil Appeals, and Court of Criminal Appeals all reside at 300 Dexter Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36104. Email access is not provided. Here are the telephone numbers:

How do I obtain a Certificate of Good Standing from the Supreme Court?

Complete a Certificate of Good Standing Request Form with the following information:

I need legal help and my resources are limited. What do I do?

By law, the appellate and library staff cannot provide legal advice; you may email questions to the Supreme Court and State Law Library's Reference Librarian or call them at 1.800.236.4069 or 334.229.0578 for assistance in other matters or to find the law library nearest you.

If you have questions which can be answered by checking the Code of Alabama, go the the Alabama Legislature's website to conduct a search on the Code, Constitution, or pending legislation.

If you need an attorney, the Alabama State Bar has a Lawyer Referral Service for a fee -- call 334.269.1515. or 1.800.392.5660 / email If you are unable to afford an attorney, contact Legal Services Alabama, through their website,, or by email at 

I have a school report due, where can I find information on Alabama's legal system?

Look on our Appellate Overview page. For more general historical information, please visit the student/teacher section of the Alabama Department of Archives and History's site at There are also some neat things at the Secretary of State's kids site,

I have questions concerning child support. Where do I go?

The Alabama Department of Human Resources handles child support matters. Their website is, and their main telephone number is 334.242.1310. You may find other child support information, including forms, online at the Administrative Office of Courts website,

Where can I find the child support guidelines (Rule 32)?

On AOC's website at rule32.pdf They also have the schedule of basic child support obligations at obligations.htm. The guidelines may also be found on the State Law Library's website (Rules of Judicial Administration - Rule 32).

I'm looking for legal resources for a family law problem, where do I find

The Administrative Office of Courts website has a division for family law at Additionally, Alabama Legal Help provides information on their website at